1.Bohlman LN, Panzer AM, Kindig DA. Health literacy: a prescription to end confusion. Washington
(DC): National Academies Press; 2004
2.Nutbeam D, Kickbusch I. Advancing health literacy:A global challenge for the 21st century. Health Promot 2000; 15: 183-4
3. Namratha R, Kandula a, Phyllis A, Nsiah-Kumi b, Gregory Makoul c, Josh Sager d and et al. The
relationship between health literacy and knowledge improvement after a multimedia type 2 diabetes
education program. Patient Education and Counseling 2009;75; 321–7.
4. Health literacy and public health: A systematic review and integration of definitions and models. BMC Public Health 2012, 12:80
5. Ratzan SC, Parker RM. Introduction. In: Selden CR, Zorn M, Ratzan SC, Parker RM, editors.
National library of medicine current bibliographies in medicine: health literacy. Bethesda, MD:
National Institutes of Health;2000
6. Ratzan SC, Parker RM. Introduction. In: National Library of Medicine Current Bibliographies in
Medicine: Health Literacy. Selden CR, Zorn M, Ratzan SC, Parker RM, Editors. NLM Pub. No.
CBM 2000-1. Bethesda, MD: National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human
Services Available from: URL: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/archive//20061214/pubs/cb
7. Sihota S, Lennard L. Health literacy: being able to make the most of health. London: National
Consumer Council; 2004: 11 Available from: http://www.ncc.org.uk/nccpdf/poldocs/NCC064_he
8. WHO. Closing the gap in a generation: health equity through action on the social eterminants of health: Commission on Social Determinants of Health final report. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2008 [available at: http://www.who.int/social_determinants/final_report/csdh_finalreport_2008_execsumm.pdf 2015.
9-Arozullah AM, Lee SY, Khan T, Kurup S, Ryan J, Bonner M, et al. The Roles of Low Literacy and Social Support in Predicting the Preventabil-ity of Hospital Admission. J Gen Intern Med.2006; 21(2): 140-5.
10-Sorensen K, Van den Broucke S, Fullam J, Doyle G, Pelikan J, Slonska Z, et al. Health literacy and public health: A systematic review and integra-tion of definitions and models. BMC Public Health.2012; 12:80.
11- Tsai TI, Lee SY, Tsai YW, Kuo KN. Methodolo-gy and Validation of Health Literacy Scale De-velopment in Taiwan. J Health Commun.2011; 16(1): 50-61.
12- Tavousi M, Ebadi M, Fattahi E, Jahangiry L, Hashemi A , Hashemiparast M, Montazeri A. Health literacy measures: A systematic review of the literature. Journal of the Iranian Institute for Health Sciences Research, 2015; 4: 485-49
13-Paasche‐ Orlow MK, Parker RM, Gazmararian JA, Nielsen‐ Bohlman LT, Rudd RR. The prevalence of limited health literacy. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2005;20:175-84
14. Kanj M, Mitic W. Health literacy and health promotion, definition, concepts and examples in Eastern Mediteranean Region. WHO Regional Office for the Eastern Mediteranean Region; 2010. Available from: http://www.who.int/healthpromotion/conferences/7gchp/Track1_Inner.pdf. Accessed Jan 10, 2014.
15. Nielsen-Bohlman L, Panzer AM, Kindig DA. Health literacy: a prescription to end confusion: National Academies Press; 2004. Available from: http://www.nap.edu/catalog/10883.htm.
16. Baker DW, Gazmararian JA, Williams MV, Scott T, Parker RM, Green D, et al. Functional
health literacy and the risk of hospital admission among Medicare managed care enrollees. Am J
Public Health. 2002;92(8):1278-83.
17. Scott TL, Gazmararian JA, Williams MV, Baker DW. Health literacy and preventive health care
use among Medicare enrollees in a managed care organization.MedCare2002;40(5):395-404.
18. Sorensen K, Van den Broucke S, Fullam J, Doyle G, Pelikan J, Slonska Z, et al. Health literacy and
public health: A systematic review and integration of definitions and models. BMC Public Health 2012;12.
19. BerkmanND, Sheridan SL, Donahue KE, Halpern DJ, Crotty K. Low Health Literacy and Health
Outcomes: An Updated Systematic Review. Ann Intern Med. 2011;155(2):97-U89.
20- Sanders LM, Shaw JS, Guez G, Baur C, Rudd R, Health literacy and child health promotion: implications for research, clinical care, and public policy, Pediatrics 2009 Nov;124Suppl 3:S306-14.
21- Tehrani BA, Amirkani MA, Haghdoost AA, Alavian SM, Asghari FH, Baradaran H, Barghmadi M, Parsinia S, Ranjbar FS. Health Literacy in 5 provinces and the factors OF affecting about it. . Journal of Strides in Development of Medical Education, 2008; 4(1): 1-9.
22- Afshari M, Khazaei S, Bahrami M, Merati H. Investigating Adult Health Literacy in Tuyserkan City. Journal of Education and Community Health, 2011; 1(2): 48-55.
23.Benjamin J, Jane V, Hayden B. Can This Patient Read and Understand Written Health Information?
The Journal of the American Medical Association 2010; 304: 76-84
24. Amidi Mazaheri M, Heidarnia A, Ghofranipour F,Shafie A, The Effect of Theory- based interv ention on promote Workers Safe Behavior in Isfahan Steel Compan,Journal of Isfahan Medical School, Vol 27,No 102, February 2010.
25. Mclaghlin R A. Association among health Literact Levels and health out comes in pregnant women with pregestational and gestational diabetes in an urban setting phD Dissertation, Health science center University of Tennessee,2009
26.Banihashemi S A, Amirkhani M A, Haghdoost A A, Alavian S M, Asgharifard H, Baradaran H, et al. [Health literacy and the affecting factors: a study in five provinces of Iran]. Journal of Medical Education Development Center. 2007;4(1):1-9 (persian).
27. Peerson A, Saunders M. Health literacy revisited: what do we mean and why does it matter? Health Promotion International 2009;24(3):285-296
28.Seyedoshohadaee M, Barasteh S, Jalalinia F, Eghbali M, Nezami M. The relationship between health literacy and self-care behaviors in patients with type 2 diabetes. IJNR. 2016; 10 (4) :43-51
29.Mohseni M, Khanjani N, Iranpour A, Tabe R, Borhaninejad V R. The Relationship Between Health Literacy and Health Status Among Elderly People in Kerman . sija. 2015; 10 (2) :146-155
30.Mahmoudi H, Taheri A. Relation between Information Literacy and Health Literacy of Students in Ferdowsi University of Mashhad. Human Info Interact. 2015; 2 (2)
31.Ramezankhani A, Ghafari M, Rakhshani F, Ghanbari S, Azimi S. Comparison of health literacy between medical and non-medical students in Shahid Beheshti Universities in the academic year 92-93 . pajoohande. 2015; 20 (2) :78-85
32.Rafiezadeh Gharrehtapeh S, Tabarsy B, Hassanjani S, Razavi M, Amjadi M, Hojjati H. The Relationship between Health Literacy and Self-efficacy in Patients with Type II Diabetes Admitted to Gorgan Diabetes Clinic in 2014. J Diabetes Nurs. 2015; 3 (2) :30-42
33.Haerian Ardakani A, Morowatisharifabad M, Rezapour Y, Pourghayumi Ardakani A. Investigation of the Relationship of Oral Health lteracy and Oral hygiene Self-Efficacy with Self-Reported Oral and Dental Health in Students. TB. 2015; 13 (5) :125-140
34.Reisi M, Mostafavi F, Javadzade H, Mahaki B, Tavassoli E, Sharifirad G. COMMUNICATIVE AND CRITICAL HEALTH LITERACY AND SELF-CARE BEHAVIORS IN PATIENTS WITH TYPE 2 DIABETES. ijdld. 2016; 14 (3) :199-208
35.Qobadi M, Besharat MA, Rostami R, Rahiminezhad A, Pourgholami M. Health literacy , negative emotional status, and self-care behaviors in dialysis. Journal of Fundamentals of Mental Health 2015; 17(1): 46-51.
36. Ghanbari SH,Majlesi F,Ghafari M,Mahmoodi M.The survey of health Literasy of pregnant women referring to health centers Shahid beheshti University of Medical Science. Journal of Shahed University. 2012;19(97):1-12 (persian).
37.Amiresmaili M, Nekoei Moghadam, Saberi anari SH, Sadeghi A, Saber M,Taheri G,Hosseini SH,Rezazadeh J. Study of health literacy level of women referring to health centers. Journal of North Khorasan University of Medical Sciences. 2012;55:1071-1077 (persian).
38. Peyman N, Behzad F, Taghipour A, Esmaily H. Evaluation of communication between healthcare workers and patients with chronic diseases according to their levels of health literacy. Journal of Research Health . 2014;4(1):599-607 (persian).
39.Peyman N, Samiee KH. Investigating the status of health literacy among health providers of rural area. Journal of health literacy. . 2016;1(1):46-502 (persian).
40. Khosravi A, Ahmadzadeh KH, Arastoopoor SH , Tahmasbi R. Health Literacy Levels of Diabetic Patients Referred to Shiraz HealthCenters and Its Effective Factors. Journal of Health Administration.2016;12(2):194-205 (persian).
41.Paasche-Orlow MK, Parker RM, Gazmararian JA, Nielsen-Bohlman LT, Rudd RR. The preva-lence of limited health literacy. J Gen Intern Med.2005; 20(2):175-84.
42. Wagner C, Knight K, Steptoe A, Wardle J. Functional health literacy and health-promoting behaviour in a national sample of British adults. J Epidemiol Community Health.2007; 61(12):1086-90.